|FAQ(s) found under Canadian Visa / Visa for visiting USA
||Showing 4 Of 5
||Prev | Next
|I am from a USA visa waiver program country (a country which does not need a visa to enter the USA). What type of passport do I need to enter the USA? |
|Last Update : 19 Jan 2010 ||Views : 5727|
|All VWP (Visa Waiver Program) travelers, regardless of age or type of passport used, must present|
machine-readable passports; previous one-time exemptions for first-time VWP travelers without MRPs ended June 26, 2005. In addition, depending on when VWP travelers’ passports were issued, other passport requirements will apply:
- Machine-readable passports issued or renewed/extended before 10/26/05 – no further requirements.
- Machine-readable passports issued or renewed/extended between 10/26/05 and 10/25/06 – requires digital photograph printed on the data page or integrated chip with information from the data page.
- Machine-readable passports issued or renewed/extended on or after 10/26/06 – requires integrated chip with information from the data page (e-passport).
- Temporary, emergency, official and diplomatic passports are exempted from biometric digital photo and chip requirements, but must be machine-readable.
- Austrian, Italian, French and Temporary German Passports.
|Submit Questions / Post Inquiries|
|If your question have not been answered, or if you would like to send us an inquiry, please click here|